Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pausing to Reflect

It's hard to believe that it was less than two weeks ago that life changed dramatically for thousands of Victorians. The tragedy of the loss has been on my mind ever since. My heart goes out to those who suffered - I can't even begin to imagine the depths of their grief, so I won't pretend I can.

There is so much that I want to say about what happened and why, but I feel it is not my place and not appropriate at this time. My hope is that people will pause and reflect on life and on our society and turn those reflections inward. It would be very easy to get angry and blame Them, but I believe every Victorian (including myself) should take this opportunity to carefully consider their personal responsibility.

My prayers are with those who are suffering.

No comments: